Waited and prayed for the word from Amy's appointment and how good to get the texts last night here in Prague saying "it is OK - plans as before - no new tumor growth" - So what about Prague. We have not yet been here 24 hours. Had a great dinner last night at a place I had made reservations. Plane got here a couple hours late as they had to take us off one and onto another in Amsterdam for a technical glitch. Mirek picked us up in this "little gold car" as he calls it and I squeaked between our suitcases in the back seat. Just a little tighter than riding between the two car seats in my car. Drizzled this morning - just cloudy now and fine for walking. Crowded even now in the tourist areas. Apt is fine - internet access sketchy as often happens. At lunch at a "tourist trap" - pictures outside, English menu - should know that is a mistake - goulash soup in a bread bowl not too good (also in trying to cut a small piece of beef flipped it out onto my jacket!:)but have reservations tonight at a hand-picked restaurant. May attend a concert at St. Nicholas church in the next two nights. Mirek tourguided us on the way from airport to apt and showed us the many apartment buildings put up by the Communists after the war, then had the dictator until the 1989 Czech revolution (he was 8 then) and is the person we rented the apartment from. That's all for now. Maybe try to do pics later. So far so good! On getting slightly lost on way to restaurant last night asked a young woman where Bellevue was and she said: I will take you I work there!
High point: Amy's report from the MRI - moving on to the next act and the acts are getting shorter.
I'm so relieved about Amy's results. YIPPIE! I enjoyed your post on your arrival in Prague. Goulash soup in a bread bowl. Tell me more about that.
ReplyDelete