Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

It's May 2022 - waiting for spring!!!!!!

Stories coming soon! OK - here goes!  
First - Ross' not best friend Cathy the Catheter is gone and since we hope to leave for Ireland next week in Gaelic we would say "Na Ta ar ais Cathy" = Don't come back, Cathy!!!  and it's been 8 days since Cathy and Ross separated and it's going good!
Last week sister-in-law Karen and niece Chelsea were here at the Jones B&B for an overnighter and our house is always open and we love having family or others visit!
And Chelsea was here 2 years ago after my 4th round of chemo, no hair but we can still smile and giggle.  Life is an ongoing adventure for sure!  Familiar photos in the back I call the "Women's wall" as it is generations of women on both sides of our family!
Really nice to get outside on my 3 mile walks and more fun than the treadmill in the basement.  We are very lucky to have parks, waterfalls, ponds, lakes and lots of stuff within walking distance of our house.
And we are no longer in a drought and the lakes and ponds are "normal" however there has been lots of road and city flooding in the NW part of the state where I was raised.  The worst one was still in 1997 when Chris was in his first year of law school and the Red River of the North flooded all over Grand Forks ND where UND is and the college had to close.
So I have previously posted on my little hobby of the last couple years called diamond dot art and they are teeny tiny dots that I stick in the proper teeny square on the sticky surface.  So I'm on a kick now to have one for many familiar and famous places we have visited.  You an see clockwise London/Big Ben, Paris Street Scene, Notre Dame (before the fire), and Riato Bridge in Venice.  So I just ordered 4 new ones - surprise on the way from China so I will be extremely patient and hope they get here this year!  
So what I chose was #1 - Taj Mahal in Agra, India
#2 Mont St Michel in Brittany/Normandy area of France
Colosseum in Rome, Italy
And Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany.  Remember President Reagan's words "Mr. Gorbachev Tear Down That Wall" - the one that separated East and West Berlin.

And fingers crossed after 6 cancelled trips due to chemo, cancer, covid closing and Cathy the catheter - we head to Ireland next week and I guess I will have to try Guinness even though I don't like beer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment