Pages

Friday, April 22, 2022

Easter Blessings, New Aging Drama.....and on it goes.....April 2022

 So my little grand-nephew "Gus" with the German family name August was born on my birthday March 27, 2022 and yesterday in our newspaper I see this new restaurant.  Gus lives in Portland but we have to take him there someday!




Can I safely say FINALLY that spring might be on the way.  Yesterday Mardelle and I did a double round 3 miles around Normandale Lake not far from us.  We have had a long long winter and a late spring and it's still not very warm!
So the CUP aka Coordinated Undergraduate Program girls (name of our internship at the U of M in the 1980s) still get together after graduating in 1987.  I was in my late 30s mom of 2 and they were in their early 20s and now have kids out of college and getting married.  So darn much fun and great memories.
They even stopped by 2 years ago after I had just started my chemo for the ovarian cancer and I had no hair - it's so fantastic to have forever support from friends!
This is in our backyard in 2009 - yes 13 years ago and there were 12 of us total.
And this is the graduation day with 4 of us.  They keep asking me "How did you do that with 2 little kids and a husband who traveled a lot for work?  Hmmmm.  They would ask to come to our house to play with the kids - yes!!!!

Exactly one month before I got the cancer diagnosis and I was feeling just fine!
So the day after Easter Ross had a followup appoint for his surgery 29 October 2021 to remove by laser part of enlarged prostate that slows down pee!  So 18 April he has to get in for emergency same day surg and get more of it sliced off all scar tissue from previous one.  So he is now stuck at home with a catheter for a week until follow.  Of course we were supposed to be leaving for Sicily tomorrow but that "ain't happening"!  At least we are lucky to be able to cancel all and get the credit.  Next up supposed to leave May 12 for Ireland - 🤞🤞🤞yup that's fingers crossed not a yellow bird.  And my friends have named the catheter bag "Cathy" and Ross would like her to move out any time now!
17 April 2022 - Easter Sunday and grandson Alex turned 17 two days before so he got to blow out candles - yes real candles even in the time of stupid COVID.
The crazy family gang of 12 using our boarding house reach as it's a little hard to pass big dishes of stuff around with a packed table.
For sure we must always take a crazy nut case photo:  Our son and family, Amy's sister and family and Amy's dad and partner.

And Ross is the best table setter and napkin holder - I would probably put on a stack of plates and a pile of silverware and paper napkins.
And of course made a 5x recipe of everybody's favorite the Jones Macaroni and Cheese!
So next update when we have news.  I'm dreaming of eating cannolli in Sicily but we are used to trips being cancelled for many reasons - cancer - chemo - covid and now catheter!!!  Four C's we call it.


No comments:

Post a Comment