Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The sun is here - finally!

After several weeks of torrential rains and way below average temperatures today was a sunny day and temps in the mid-50s - almost "normal" so I went for a walk after going to the Y.
Really really busy once again at our house!  Daughter-in-law Amy had knee replacement surgery a week ago today.  She's 42 and had a "trying out for cheerleading severe knee blowout" at age 15.  So, seven surgeries later it's time for replacement!  For me - kid and Amy duty for 5-6 days last week and her mom is on duty this week.  So far so good and she might get the staples out tomorrow and hopes to be able to drive in a month.
The fun stuff:
Lucy and a friend joined me to see the play "Mary Poppins" last weekend and then an overnighter.  The play was awesome and the song "A Spoonful of Sugar......" and "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" are stuck in my head.  I hope I spelled that right!
 Yup - that's snow a couple days ago but it melted - thank goodness!!!
And anyone who knows me pretty well knows that I have loved Rod Stewart since the 1970s!  Nothing has changed!  My lifetime dream - seeing Rod live - was achieved this week at the Xcel Energy center with 10,000 other people and costar Cyndi Lauper and my friend Beth.  Awesome show.  Beth and I have been friends for over 50 years and in 1971 we did the Europe on $5 a Day Tour for 3 weeks and Rod's song "Maggie May" was #1 in the UK and most of Europe.  We did hear it every time we were in a bar and many restaurants so I knew all the words.

 Yes - if you see me around you may see me in my "Rod" t-shirt.  The concert was originally August 14 but had to be rescheduled because he got strep throat and needed about 6 weeks to recover.  He had throat cancer in 2001 so it's amazing that his voice sounds the same.

Ten days until we head to Morocco and a new adventure.  Rabat, Fes (or Fez) and Casablanca where we get to have dinner at Rick's Cafe which was made famous in the move "Casablanca" starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.  I just watched it on the plane to Italy last month so I'm ready.
And that's it for the past few days!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment