Thank God for good friends - I say it over and over! Our FAB6 (we made our own name) met up again and this time at Donna and Jeff's House. Age spread over 30 years; half retired, younger ones working but we have so dang much fun and always an "interesting" topic comes up.
It seems themes are coming to the rise and this time it was "Wear Stripes". Now we are not fussy or fashion plates so anything works and whatever you can find. Of course I think it started because I seem to always be wearing a striped shirt and I must own about 50 or more of them. I try to break the habit but I do love stripes. Fantastic homemade ravioli dinner, salad, wine and homemade rhubarb crunch dessert with ice cream......yeehah...and it was just as good as my Mom's!
Next time it's our turn to host and I might need to try to make a Moroccan dinner.
Poor sweet daughter-in-law Amy after 7 knee surgeries since age 15 and a sports injury had to have partial knee replacement! Ouch...lotta staples holding the long cut in place. No driving, must use a walker, 2 nights in the hospital and 8 physical therapy appointments scheduled and off we go. I feel like an elder caregiver and old Uber driver! But we do make it into a good time. And this week we got to see the new movie "A Star is Born" and it was great but very heartbreaking. Good thing Amy and I had each other and our big bucket of popcorn! So 2 weeks and one day out from surgery and things are on track and a plan for the PT appointment tomorrow - in 48 hours Ross and I will be on the way to Morocco. Yes, Morocco in North Africa and we are ready. It's a tour so no worries. We do get to eat at Rick's Cafe in Casablanca which was in the movie by the same name. Should be interesting and a review said try the t-bone steak. I might but I'm not a huge steak fan.
We also will have the "opportunity" to ride another camel, jeep in the dessert, and try a "hubbly bubbly" pipe which looks to me like a hookah that we saw in Turkey a few years ago. Apparently you can pick your flavor of "smoke" so since I never want to miss a new adventure I will most likely try it.
So - off we go one more time!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment