I need to go back on my posts and fix and rearrange and correct - day at a time!
So yesterday after Granny Franny and I were up for 24 hours straight the day before we had a 9 hour chatty day with 3 of us who have been friends over 50 years - Nicknames: Muley, Biffy and DeDeDinah - of course we no longer divulge those names!
Our last night in Sorrento, Italy - short downhill walk to a restaurant on the main square and for the first time of the trip the food was "OK" - maybe we got spoiled but it was still good! I had ravioli and it was not nearly as good as in the cooking class.
Since it was our last day it was a GT day - Gelato Twice. Typically we had gelato for lunch once a day but we had missed it the day before so had to make up for lost time and back at our favorite gelato place - mmmmmmm good!The day before we had walked "downtown" and found a nice little local shop with lots of Sorrento ceramics and and I bought a few souvenirs. As I was checking out - not a typical cashier but a grandma lady in the back corner with a cash box and newspapers to wrap stuff - she said "Where from?". I said "USA - Minnesota" and she got the biggest smile and said "My son he live in Duluth 22 years" and all of a sudden there he is. So I had to get Kathy from Duluth down there to meet the guy. He did live in Duluth for 22 years and the ceramics shop is still there but he now only owns the property but not the shop. What a small and wonderful world we live in! He said his mother had worked in this store for 51 years and was still family owned.
We became part of the Sorrento street art and we never had a problem to find someone to take a picture and often they offered. They would see my neck bauble that says "Grammy 2005" and it always made an impression.
We thought about renting a tiny car - briefly!
So a grandma with her pre-teen grandson was going to take our photo but he kept jumping up and putting his hand in front of the camera. She got very irritated with him and said "Wait a minute I spank him". Didn't seem to stop him so we got a nice "hand photo":)
We had such a lovely 4 bedroom apartment 5 minutes from the main square on the 5th floor with a view of the sea on one side and hills on the other end.
So it's nice to be home but sounds like there will be another Granny trip coming up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment