We did it! Made it to Rabat, Morocco which is in North Africa after being up about 20 hours. We hit the road running to an ATM to get Moroccan Dirham currency. We met a nice couple yesterday from Laguna Beach CA and ended up having an early dinner in the Jazz Bar restaurant because others didn't open until 7:30pm - yawn yawn!
We joined them again for breakfast and we do hit it off and laugh a lot another couple next to us seem good and fun too. I found a couple I "prefer to avoid". One woman seemed to complain a lot so I can do without that....aka "chronic complainer syndrome".
This is the Rabat airport and it is a country of about 10 million I think and with 5,000 Christians so mostly Muslim. It seems the major language is French - woohoo and then theMoroccan version of Arabic. So we will get along good. And yes, tomorrow we visit a winery and can buy wine. Apparently it not served anywhere near a mosque so one of our hotels we will have happy hour in our room. The people are lovely and today I hear another mosque in Pennsylvania was bombed and it makes me very sad as it does not represent people of the world - we are all people! Amen!!!!!
I think this might be a tourist billboard but I need to figure it out. There is also some significance to the horse state as there is one right in front of the airport and at the bottom of this sign.Our hotel and apparently it was a former palace and is quite lovely. We have a third floor room overlooking a Moroccan tiled pool and waterfalls and palm trees -and no snow!!!
And off Ross and I go for a solo adventure as the tour doesn't actually start until 6pm tonight dinner and welcome reception.
No comments:
Post a Comment