Limited internet time left in today's ration so here's a try at it - and last stop was my favorite - the Queenstown Cemetery. This is after a harrowing one hour minibus ride with an excellent driver on narrow gravel roads with no guardrail through the Remarkable Mountains to the Shotover River where we got on a very fast jetboat with a young driver who did at least four 360s in the wide spots. Then the helicopter ride to lunch where again I got the front seat because the smallest always get the front, then the gondola back to town. Woohoo. Couple hours from now it's dinner time here and we have our favorite group of 6 going to the steak house a few steps away. I think this is the most beautiful country I have ever seen. And now I need to watch the Lord of the Rings my friend Barb loaned me!!!
Ross pinching his cheeks from the front seat of bus looking over edge - he's height phobic
No bungee jumping from here for me - no thank you - I will take the jetboat over this!
Shotover River from the helicopter.
Front seat of the helicopter.
Bob's Peak just after a great lunch with views over river, mountains, luge ride and cable car.
I think I took at least a dozen cemetery pictures but this was the greatest!
Of course us in the front - I get the middle to "balance it out"
No comments:
Post a Comment