Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

It's all about Team All Blacks winning the World Cup Rugby!!!  This is on the Parliament building and Wellington is the capital of New Zealand.  The Parliament was closed for the ceremony to be held on the parliament square for the team. 
 The Parliament and it is under "stabilization" to prevent it from damage should an earthquake occur since we are close to a techtonic plate - just like California!
 Police and security and sniffing dogs were everywhere but I was just fine even though now twice at two different airports I had to go through extra security and get sniffed and swabbed and patted for explosives.
 Cable car ride this morning and in spite of bad weather 3 days prior to our arrival we have once again lucked out.  And to top it off Melbourne where we were a few days ago just had bad tornadoes and flooded streets in the city.  Wow....it happened again and we are always ahead of stuff but just barely this time!
 A lovely Wellington Botanical Garden and some of the spring flowers were in bloom.  And yes, spring has just begun in New Zealand.

We watched these guys jump off this thing into the water many feet below for fun.  Notice the Wellington Free Ambulance building right next to them.  No fee, nobody supervising and if you want to jump you can do it.  I did not!!!
 I walked all over by myself after our few hours of touring this morning and I just had to pop into this beautiful library and it was very fine!
 I would love to drive one of these delivery bikes to bring library books to anyone who would like them.
 And on my way back to the hotel - hard to beat Wellington NZ.
 Our hotel which is right on the waterfront and it's all about location.  And we just got back from dinner with 8 of us and we found a gelato place on the way back.  Woot Woot Woot!!!
Tomorrow morning:  bags ready for pickup by 7am, first flight to Milford Sound and then a cruise on the sound, lunch and then another flight to somewhere!  I will know by morning when I look at the "daily do".  Nitey nite!  I'll proof this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment