Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Highlights Only of the last 4 days!!!

Time flies and in our treehouse in the Daintree Rainforest near Port Douglas Australia we did not have good wifi - none actually in the treehouse but it was rather peaceful - for 4 days!  I was feeling a need to see skyscrapers again so we flew into Sydney a few hours ago and can vie the Sydney Opera House from our room on the 19th floor - woot woot!!!
OK  so back to Uluru - or the Aborigine land or the "rock" as Ross calls it.  Our guide LeRoy was great and so funny!
 And yes we did really need the fly nets but even though the flies were horribly annoying they did not bite like the horseflies, deerflies and mosquitoes back home.
 Next - cable car ride into a rainforest with a view of the Great Barrier Reef near Cairns Australia.
 Next - ready to snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef - and no after trying it for the 3rd time in my life i still do not like it but do not ever want to miss an opportunity!!!
 Back of the boat heading back to Cairns - lovely trip!
 And I was hoping our fate would not be that of the boat in the background!
Next - hot air balloon ride and this was our balloon and I loved the kangaroo on it.  We glided over the farmland of the Atherton Tablelands and it was so peaceful and warm (of course the heat of the flame to keep it up added to the warmth)
 The "basket" and our travel companions.  The wind takes us wherever and the pilot has no control but they are very experienced.
 We got up at 3:15am to catch the bus so we could be on the hot air balloon as the sunrise appeared and we did it!
So this morning we checked out after 3 nights in Silky Oaks Lodge and our treehouse was called "Sooty Owl" after a bird of course in the Daintree Rainforest.


 And today - crocodile feeding and they eat raw chickens and crocs have a big mouth and big teeth and I would not want to fight one in the water!

 And we saw a koala - a travel companion said "I think that's a male" - :) - I thought so too.  They sleep 19 hours a day so of course it was taking a long nap.
 So back in the city it is for me
So I'm happy to be near skyscrapers but I must say I slept very well in the rainforest with no wifi!!!
Next 4 days in Sydney look to be quite busy but we do have wifi and I have my ever-present camera at all times.
G'day Mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment