Yesterday was train day - actually the Metrolink Commuter Rail - and we took it from North Main Corona to Irvine station and we could have gone all the way to San Diego. The trip was about an hour one way. The trains are double deckers with nice seats and some with tables so of course Rooke wanted the "table ones" and of course all I needed was to sit facing forward as I get motion sickness riding backwards on a train. The stations and trains were great and spotless!
North Corona Main Station:
The ticket kiosk - we have taken the lite rail in Minneapolis pretty often and it is very similar. We also take the train and metro always in other countries and it's always nice when the instructions are in English instead of us guessing what it might say!Here comes our train and daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke are watching closely. The freight train on the track over was long and we speculated on what it might contain. We are so used to the oil trains in Minnesota that it seemed odd not to see any here. Of course this is not fracking country!!
My friend Jan from the 1960s in California along with her husband met us at the Irvine station for lunch. My chosen restaurant was closed for Good Friday but there was a pastry/Chinese takout place right there so it worked out. Brother Brian also drove down and met us at the station for a visit. Every time Jan and I meet up it seems like just yesterday that I saw her and we pick up right where we left off. I once visited their house with my mom and I knew her mom. Jan and I met at our place of employment - the Torrance School District admin office. I worked in the superintendent's office and she worked as a card reader machine person. Remember the cards that were called "punch cards" with the little holes in them and that was how data got into the computer in 1968! Technology has come a far way!!!
On the drive to dinner last night - nice blue skies and very dry mountains in the background. The big talk here is the very serious drought conditions and how to relieve it - no answers yet
Last night was near full lunar eclipse and tonight should be the full one - it was beautiful!
Jenny seems to get me at my best - peace sign and my travel purse that says "Peace"!
Today brother Brian and nephew Andrew are on their way and we are all hoping to visit the free Corona Heritage Museum - kind of nice to explore a new area but I do like the ocean also:)

No comments:
Post a Comment