After 2 dinners at a fantastic Mexican restaurant in California we had a family dinner at a Persian restaurant and it was great. I do love food pictures: We were a little early for the belly dancers but did hear the music and it reminded me of Istanbul.
Brian's friend Sherry and I split this huge meal and it was delicious but nearly enough for 4 people for about $11.Brother Brian and I shared dessert and if we were younger we might have fought over who got the last bite but we are mature adults now - well, most of the time!
Tom's Farm - Rooke got to ride a pony for a few minutes and she is not afraid of much but later we watched a magician do tricks and she told me later when he had a girl from the audience hold a paintball gun and he was to catch the paintball in his mouth she looked away. Good idea but it was fine and I'm sure he's done it hundreds of times.
She loved the hotel swimming pool and often had it to herself. One day I did not want wet hair so I put the plastic hotel shower cap on and she thought it was just fine and just called me "Mrs. Clearhead" - I liked that!
Brother, nephew, granddaughter - fun day at the farm. As we were about to land on arrival in CA I noticed the plane was accelerating, then slowing and repeating and then circling - hmmm - new experience to me and later the pilot came on and said there was a "conflict" that we had to "go around" and "abandon landing". Brian says it was probably just another plane and it happens all the time...hmmmm.....
Rooke wanted to walk around the hotel area and we were checking out nearby restaurants. I must say we could only walk about 1/2 block when there was no longer a sidewalk. California is definitely not a "walking" state. Since it was Easter Sunday this place had the sign "Open Holydays" - hmmm - it is holidays or holy days? We decided to nix that one since there was only one guy there.
Ready, set, go - soon now. Details in place for the ladies cooking trip and since the Toffia, Italy, town population "swells" to over 900 in the "high season" it is not large enough to have an ATM so we need to remember CASH! I almost forget what that word means. We also know the cobblestone streets are too narrow for a car so we are advised to pack light as we have to get our bags up the teeny hills:) - been there, done that a few times.
No comments:
Post a Comment