Little kids are too funny! We have been in California not quite 48 hours. First day we had 7 year old granddaughter Rooke in the backseat in our car driving down the freeway when she looks out at some dry looking open land next to the freeway and says: "I've been waiting for them to build something over there. There's too much open space" - I laughed a lot! This is a little girl who has been born and raised in Los Angeles area and I wonder what she would think of the farm where I was raised.
This is her backyard view:
Daughter Jenny drove us around yesterday and asked if we wanted to go to this little restaurant for the view - it's in a National Forest nearby. Wow - quite the experience at the Lookout Roadhouse. Outdoor biffies, patio seating overlooking Lake Elsinore and the city and very excellent food. I had pulled pork sandwich and it was the best I have ever had and they sell their own bbq sauce.Sign by the biffies. It is biker country also. The guy who takes orders is also the cook, bartender, server and when asked if they take credit cards says "sure, even if it's not even you" so I told him we had 20 or so cards with other's names on them and he just laughed and said "fine".
The view and the beautiful blue skies:
Our dining table on the patio - nice to have a beautiful sunny day and be able to eat outside.
Nobody chose to eat inside.
Pool at the hotel. I hate getting my head under water and never do that on purpose. My dad always told us to never go in the lake above our knees and dropoffs would drown us. He was a Navy guy but deathly afraid of water. I have taken swimming lessons but the fear is still with me.
This is great! I love my grandchildren's artwork and spelling by sound:)
Off to another new adventure of riding the Metrolink commuter train from Corona, through LA to Irvine just for the experience and Rooke's first "train" ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment