Little Chris turned 41 yesterday and 8 of us celebrated after watching Alex's team win yet another hockey game. I learned that "hat-trick" means someone scores 3 goals in a game and he did it and he's very humble about it.
My Christmas decorations are finally gone and I have daily messages in front of my kitchen sink...click to enlarge - all gifts from others.After Lucy and Alex left Friday I find a pink post-it on my beautiful wooden box from my friend - in it was a pile of sweet little notes. I find them tucked in lots of little places all the time and they always make me smile.
How loud and how high will the bubbles be when you blow through a straw into a root beer float - high and loud is the answer!!!
Looking forward to the "LOFT" (Ladies of Fun and Travel) trip to Italy and I'm pretty sure this is where we will be for 5 nights in the little hilltop town away from it all - cooking, touring, relaxing, hiking and I'm sure laughing a lot.
Alex was looking at old pictures on my computer and this is on the way to our summer cabin trip to Jolly Fisherman last year - a winery near Alexandria. What he says is: "Grammy we really need to make that a tradition" - he's 9 years old!! So today I booked our cabins for this year.
I've been planning trips like crazy and it's so relaxing. I think in Dijon, France, I will need to figure out how to use an "induction cooktop" - hopefully I won't have to cook much!!!
Well - it's a good thing I have little notes, good friends, sweet grandkids and all because we got hacked a little this week but my brother says it could last a few years. After a couple days of tearing my hair out, on the phone with fraud alerts and security freeze people, I am able to take deep breaths and ground myself again to put things in perspective. It's not so bad when you look at all the good things!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment