A few months ago Amy asked the "family" if it was "silly" to want a 5 year Cancerversary party. I had never heard of that type of party but we all said it sounded like a good idea. So last night was the party at a pizza party room not too far from us and it was fantastic for all and there must have been close to 50 people. Of course today I googled the term cancerversary and it is very well known the world over and a momentous event.
This was what we saw as we headed to the downstairs party room:
Amy's Dad Paul, Ross and sister Katie before the crowd arrived. Paul, Scott, Katie and Amy did a fantastic job with the planning and she got to take home this balloon bouquet with the "I Love You" message. We all got balloon packs to get home in our cars or trunks.
The cake - everyone said it was so nice to see both Chris and Amy honored at this celebration and yes, that would be correct as it takes a family!Amy posted this picture on facebook and posted "To the best mother-in-law" - wow - because my friends tell me I am a lucky mother-in-law who have a daughter-in-law who loves to be with me.
Hilarious happening: All these guys are named Ross and the left two are hockey dads. The middle one had "Ross, Sr." on his because he was older than the other but when Chris told them about his dad he had to cross out the Sr. rating.
The cake was solid chocolate and excellent however as Ross and I ate our share and then decided we needed to walk around and thank a lot of people for being there we realized our tongues were bright turquoise blue - oh well - that's life!!
College buddies and long time friends since 1992 - great support system and they are all super good Dads. They were having a great time and I told them so and they said "you don't know about the pool parties at your house"....hmmmm - I did know of some but since Ross worked in England for 18 months during the college times and I was gone a lot I think a lot went on that we did not know about. One thing I did was tell all of our long-time neighbors to call the police if things seemed to be a little out of order:)
1993 - the frat boys - 3 of them are in the picture above. Chris takes center stage and this was a year before he met Amy and that was it for him!!!
Events in my life always have me look back and often with thankfulness. This was Lucy at our house about 5 years ago 2 days after we found out Amy had a large brain tumor. When I look at this picture it was about how I felt - sad, scared and wanted to crawl into a little basket. She was less than 2 years old.
While Amy was in Sister Kenny learning to walk again Lucy was playing quietly with cars and stuff.A few days before the brain tumor was found and just waiting for the appointment and suspecting it was epilepsy which was a horrifying thought at that time. As to this day - I am delighted by my grandchildren.
Last week I made a trip to our "big box" store - I don't like advertising on my blog!!! I thought I got my usual half n half for my coffee but later I looked in the frig and noticed the half gallon of heavy whipping cream. I do love it but I am also still a dietitian at heart:). Did I throw it away? No! I'm frugal at heart so I'm looking for many ways to use it a little at a time including in my excellent coffee.
I am deep into trip planning and down to finding the best restaurants in Dijon and Lyon, France where we will be in late spring. Lyon is the "Gastronomical capital of the World" so they say...or also "The Belly of France"??? 2015 is Looking Good!!!



So nice that they had this party! What a great reason to celebrate! It is crazy to look back at pics of the kids when all of that started. They were so little. Hard to imagine that much time has passed.
ReplyDelete