Since Ross turned 72 today and I found this old picture of him in a little sailor suit at 3 years old and it got me thinking about one we had for Chris! The best thing about Facebook is that he gets a lot of birthday greetings from both my friends and his!
So this is Chris at 3 years old in the crib with sister Jenny - sailor suit, very tidy looking "saddle shoes" and the hippie hair of the day.
I finally had time yesterday to attend one of my favorite things - my Turkish cooking class and we had great food as always. This is Turkish pizza called Lahmacun and it was delicious. You bake it on thin uncooked tortillas and when done fill with cukes, tomatoes, lettuce, parsley and whatever else you like and roll it up. We also had "crying cake" - called that because the chocolate dripping over the whipped cream that tops the cakes looks like tears. I said tears of joy! I knew all but a couple of the 20 people there and they are so nice and so fun. My friend Peggy's daughter was there again with her friend and they are also hooked on the classes. The young woman who was demonstrating is expecting her 2nd child and is finishing her nutrition degree and plans on getting her Master's and then take the test to be a registered dietitian. She was a nurse in Turkey before she moved here.I couldn't remember how many years I have been doing this so I had to look back at my photos. This was 9/11/2011 - and someone asked the Muslim Turkish ladies how they felt on 9/11 and they said "Very sad" and that "there are bad people all over the world". So true but surely it is none of them or us.
This was another class in 2012.
This was the very first class I attended in June 2011. I remember so well seeing the tiny paragraph in the paper that the TASMN (Turkish American Society of Minnesota) classes were going to resume and I had never heard of it but we were going to Istanbul in a couple months so I was very interested.
October 2011 - Istanbul Turkey - rooftop of pizza restaurant and I loved Istanbul and the other parts of Turkey we visited and all the food and people!!! So much in that area has changed since then but I think I would still go to Istanbul.
This is the pizza we had then and it was a bit of a surprise to me because it wasn't loaded with cheese and looked a little like a sailboat.So the crap: We have had a bit of hacking fraud again but I'm happy to say we got a letter that the credit cards Ross applied for at Victoria's Secret and Sleep Number were both declined because of the security freeze:) - and no it was not he who applied!!! Still have a couple issues going on that the bank is "investigating" and I had to sign an affidavit that it indeed was not me.
The exciting: 66 days from departure for my Ladies of Fun and Travel (LOFT) trip to Italy - woohoo. Ross' high school friend from Nevada called to wish him happy birthday today and I heard him answer "She usually has some food in the freezer for me when she goes" - cute!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment