I use google translate all the time and it just popped up that yesterday was International Mother Language Day celebrating linguistic and cultural diversity - Vive La France!!! and Deutsche sind die intelligenteste = Germans are the smartest! That's because I am German of course.
2nd round - French dinner - Lucy made all the place cards again and a couple people got geese and one lucked out with a beautiful dragonfly while the rest of just were mere chickens!!!
We were very happy to have Napoleon and Marie Antoinette join us for dinner and Chantilly Meringues for dessert - easy and oh so good.The menu - Ross likes to do these and it keeps my mind on track to have my own to check off and put down times and temperatures.
When I looked closely at Napoleon tonight I noticed it looked like he had a bullet hole through his eye - hmm - I will need to check on that.
Chris and Lucy tonight with "parent hockey". I don't think he really knows how to skate well but he's a good Dad and a good sport!!2nd year for Polar Plunge and this is Chris jumping out of the ice cold Prior Lake yesterday. Their team raised more money than their goal for the Special Olympics. I cannot even imagine doing that....never ever in my life.
52 days until our LOFT (Ladies of Fun and Travel) group heads to Italy and it's planned well enough! I have been "studying" as I usually do for trip planning for France also this spring. I'm making a list of menu items NOT TO ORDER in Burgundy: tablier de sapeur=cow intestines; tete de veau=calf liver; hmmmm - enough for me. As for the trip to Toffia, Italy, population less than 500 and one restaurant - probably not a problem and the cooking classes will show us the ingredients before it is cooked.

No comments:
Post a Comment