Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Grammy's Rule!!!

My friend Mardelle and I share the beautiful white hair, being retired dietitians and having grandchildren the same age.  We met today to visit Lock and Dam No. 1.  The map shows 10 Lock and Dams the #10 being in Iowa.  Since it is so close to Minnehaha Falls and Alex is practicing with my camera he took our picture.  I think he will be a good photographer!
 Minnehaha Creek - rapid and wild after lots of snow and rain and it is currently forbidden to use canoes or do anything else on it.
 Alex said he could feel the ground tremble and I could too.  It's late in the season to see Minnehaha Falls like this.
 The Lock and Dam - and how lucky were we to see the first barge of the year and the lock and dam in operation.  The water has been too deep up until today and it may have to close again with the expected rain this weekend.  It was worth spending a couple hours there.
 I look at this and again realized how beautiful my city is.
 Mardelle's grandson Nolan and Lucy - same age and they get along great.  Of course we call her Miss Hollywood.
 The agreed to have their picture taken by the dam and even smiled a lot with the promise of the next stop at  Minnehaha Park for ice cream and it was good!!
Last week they talked me into mini-golf - I will never make it into the big leagues with that!
On the way home today Alex or Lucy said they were "lucky".  We had a discussion on that.  They said they were lucky to see the barge, I said I was lucky to have them, they said they were lucky to have me and come to my house, she was lucky she got to sleep in while he went to hockey and he said he was lucky he loved hockey...... and on and on it went.  It was heartwarming.  Daughter in law Amy sent me an article today that said if you spend at least a day a week with your grandchildren you might not get Alzheimer's - I'm in!!!
So now summer has arrived and we are looking forward to daughter Jenny and granddaughter Rooke in a couple weeks, my class reunion at my house in a little over a month and woot woot - my Italy women only cooking vacation next year!  Oh and South America this fall - Brazil is working on our visas:)
O th

No comments:

Post a Comment