Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Another Schultz Wedding!

My niece Chelsea got married yesterday on my brother's hobby farm in Ulen, Minnesota.  I love my brothers and as I was walking toward the porch to meet him my phone rang and it was him calling to make sure I knew how to get there!!!  Sweet:)  That's why the cell phone is in his hand and not because it lives by his side at every moment.
Very clear directions to which way to go.  The farm and yard and setting were so perfect and beautiful and he and Karen have been working on it since March.  Lots of work!  Rain was predicted but Friday night after a downpour in Fargo I looked out the window to see the most beautiful rainbow and I thought to myself - this is for Chelsea and Adam.
After the ceremony and entering the reception hall aka the farm quonset.
Later in the evening and after a brief and huge downpour for about 5 minutes the whole time was perfectly beautiful.  The food was cooked from scratch by my sister-in-law's siblings and it was so good and tasty and maybe the best wedding meal I have had in some time.
My brother Kent, his grandson Dustin and his son Garrett.  They have all spent nights sleeping at our house and as the motto goes in our church "All Are Welcome".
A breeze was in place for the sunny 5pm ceremony and it blew every darn mosquito away - unbelievable I know.  Here is Adam waiting for Chelsea and Kent to walk down the garden path.
I grew up dancing at wedding dances and the tradition has always continued for the little kids.  Claire age 3 is in the front and was out there dancing every dance with anyone or noone!  Cousins Lily and Lucy are behind her and 2 new dancing friends joined them.  Claire kept coming to get me to dance with her.
Daughter-in-law Amy and my nephew's little 6 month old Eli.
Father-daughter dance - always a great tradition at weddings.
The little kids were so well-behaved and interested in the whole thing it was fun to watch.  The tables were beautiful with home grown peonies, good wine and a chance to catch up.
A few clouds moving in but it is so beautiful and plenty of room for parking.
The bride and the little cousins:  Alex, Lucy, Chelsea, Lily and Claire in the front.
Kent's old car made into the "wedding car" - click to enlarge and you will see my nephew giving me the high five.
Amy so wanted a "red barn picture" and just after this a downpour arrived in just a few seconds and we all ran like crazy.  The kids thought it was pretty cool to hear the loudness of it in the metal-roofed quonset and then proceed to play in the puddles outside.
My nephew Corey's wife, Nanayaa, who is a Ghana pop star as is her father in Africa.  She is Eli and Angel's mom and quite the singer.
So we are back and ready for daughter Jenny and Rooke to visit in a week.  My thoughts today have been on the many weddings of the past so I think if I have time that will be my next post.  Remembering that this is my memoir which I plan to print keeps me thinking.
And at the Fargo hotel I told Alex I needed a regular coke and he found this in the machine and was quite the proud little guy!  And just after I shut down this post I remembered this:  Just as we drove into Kent's yard we see a huge tree that had blown over across the driveway path one hour before and missed everything but had to be sawed up and moved away!!  Then this past week Kent was putting up the last overhead hanging lights and decided standing on a tin can instead of the usual ladder would work - not so good - it fell over, he cut his arm requiring 7 stitches but healing well.  On that same day his 85 year old father-in-law had a heart attack.  So yup - STUFF HAPPENS!

No comments:

Post a Comment