Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Signs!

It's just a few days until I get to go on a road trip to my home town with some great high school friends.  We are calling it the "RLF Girls and Graveyard Tour".   What has now come up in conversation is that our 50th high school class anniversary is in 2014...soooo....here we go and there is interest in it!  And I'm volunteering to have it at my house next summer.
There are signs - one of which was a church hymn today sung to "Immortal, Invisible, God-Only Wise" and a couple of the verses were these below and again I am reminded that God is at work with all those we encounter along life's path.  Enjoy!

God made us from one blood all families of earth,
The circles of nurture that raise us from birth,
Companions who join us to work through each stage,
Of childhood and youth and adulthood and age.
We turn to You, God, with our thanks and our tears,
For all of the families we've known through the years,
The intimate networks on whom we depend

Of parents and partners and children and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment