Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Short leg - done!

In Seattle Delta lounge - 3+ hours to get here, 3 hours til boarding and then a 12 hour flight to Beijing.  I started reading my China travel guide - I learned that Help! is Qing bangmang - I think I maybe could remember that but not sure that I could order a meal or wine yet!!!
You can see from our tour map that we have FIVE intra-China flights and we probably won't know which airlines until we meet our travel director the evening of the 26th - plus the rest of the group at a meet and greet dinner.  Looking forward to it and I'm pretty sure there will be at least one "Marvin" as there was on our tour to Israel and Jordan.  But one out of 25 or 30 ain't bad!!!!
I did read in the Economist magazine on the flight that sometimes the pollution in big cities in China is so "furry you can almost pet it" - hmmm.  Pretty visual!
More later!  I just realized in looking at this map that planes and boat are going in the opposite direction we will be travelling.  This is the westbound tour and we are on the eastbound tour with 3 night cruise on the Yangtze:
Map Thumbnail - Click to Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment