Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Winter Storm Triton - NOT!

Ever since we arrived we have been hearing about the "doozy of a storm" which of course also had a name.   Admittedly we did an indoor museum so we might have missed the rain but on the way back I looked at this beautiful sky.  We are trying to figure out why the water just sits on top of the sand or clay or whatever.
Another great meal - this time in Scottsdale at a Thai restaurant - mmmm good and it was a beautiful cool evening....not cold, no snowplows:).  I just read the Phoenix metro area has 16,573 - it's huge and spread out - I think that's aboout 130 miles x 130 miles - right you math people?
We visited the 3 year old MIM (Musical Instrument Museum) - it was founded by the former CEO of Target in MN - it was his $250 million dollar dream.  15,000 musical instruments from around the world and the architect is from Minneapolis!  Headsets are provided and each display has music - great music.  From my day - Joan Baez and Bob Dylan 1963, Elvis' guitar and costume, lots of videos, lots of famous works.  I highly recommend it and the "average" visit is 4 hours.  I will return.
My German grandma played a harmonica and small accordion for us - I wish I knew more about it but this little gem was made in Germany and in the way back of my mind it seemed a bit familiar.
Today we are headed to a huge swap meet, then to dinner with my friends here, Beth & Fran and their spouses - can't wait.  I saw this post on FaKebook (not a typo) last night and it looked like something my mom would say!!!!!
... and if you've lived your life right, the last check you write is to the undertaker, and it bounces!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment