My friend of 45+ years picked me up this morning for a "girl date" to a desert garden and lunch. We talked pretty much steady for 5+ hours - easy to do. I spent my 21st birthday with Fran and another high school friend in Wichita TX on our way to live in LA - yes Los Angeles! 1968 - what years they were.
This is a piece of "artwork" on exhibit in the desert - called The four Seasons and I think this was "Winter" - they were quite unusual to say the least.The desert is just starting to bloom and we did spot this although I must admit with constant chatting we probably missed a lot of blooms - who cares I say - what is most important in life: friends or flowers?
Another one of my famous locally owned finds - another great Mexican meal in a family owned restaurant. $18 for dinner for two and you can hardly beat that!
Sunny and 80 again today, blue skies, dry heat but the weatherman keeps talking about a giant storm coming here tomorrow. Tonight he said "a doozy of a storm" but Fran says we don't pay any attention as they ALWAYS exaggerate. I'm thinking of the real storm we left behind where schools were closed - will keep you posted tomorrow if we survive the storm:)Granddaughter Lucy turned 5 today and I can hardly believe it but when I called her this morning she seemed pretty excited about it.
All for tonight - tomorrow is a new day and I am grateful for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment