Had a super good time and dinner at friends Bob and Fran's house last night. Beth and Jerry joined us - it is amazing how easy it is to meld my hometown classmates with my next round of friends. Fran and I and another friend hit the road in 1968 for LA - three girls, two cars, drove all over the country and yes, we took turns so one person was not alone all the time. I had no car as I sold it before I left:). We laughed so much and since I know that LAUGHTER IS GOOD MEDICINE we most certainly must be healed. Beth about Fran: "She is a hoot"!!!
After the so-called storm it is beautiful and sunny here. We went to Trinity Episcopal downton Phoenix - founded in 1885, built in 1920 and it was a traditional Episcopal service. We attended a noontime Lenten organ concert there Friday and the guest organist went to college in MN and also worked there - from Wisconsin - small world.
So.....got me thinking. In 1972 we got married in at St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral in Minneapolis - founded in 1858 and built in 1910. I like the snow on the steps!!!! And that blue sky is quite pretty too. I am now on my 4th religion and that is just fine - all based on God! I am now Methodist which is what my Grandma and my mom were also until she married a Lutheran.Next we drove around downtown. This is the State Capitol and it is beautiful and has many monuments and memorials on the ground. Also on the ground I noticed these markers and noticed the young ages (12, 15, 29, 47) and then read it was a Memorial for Murdered Children in Maricopa County.
I see these next - read the engraving and tell Ross it is the Liberty Bell from Philadelphia, who replies "It is not, there is no crack in it". Shut me up right there:) - for a moment. I find that the USA presented every state with a full-size replica of the Liberty Bell in the 1950s as part of a drive to promote Savings Bonds. Where is the one for Minnesota????
Driving along, noticing the freeway signs - Ross says "How far to LA?" Hmmmm. We drove it once before and it's not that far but for these few days our roots are here.
Off to dinner soon at a chef-owned small restaurant again in an "untrendy area". Tomorrow Ross and I head for Sedona and I'm sure we will encounter the mystical healing of the new age with the vortexes in that area.

No comments:
Post a Comment