Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Murder to Bedlam!

It was another beautiful day in Phoenix yesterday so we drove to Sedona about 100 miles north  - to see the Red Rock Canyon areas - gorgeous.  I was there a year ago on my Girlfriend Trip.  Lots of traffic!!!  On the way back we got stuck on a huge freeway for an hour (I-17) without moving an inch and saw about a dozen emergency vehicles trying to get through and a news helicopter hovering.  It was a fatality accident where a pickup carrying a Dad and two sons "drifted to the shoulder" and rammed into a semi killing one son and the others critical.  Thousands of cars were directed to turn around on the freeway and drive the wrong way to the reroute exit so we saw the pickup - wow - made me drive very carefully as I was the one driving.
Red Rock View! 
 With our lifetime National Park Senior Pass for $10 we could hike anywhere - did not!  But which way to go:  Mystic Trail or Little Horse?
 So another "hometown in the 'hood" restaurant last night.  Here's what I read before we went:  "Frankly not in the best neighborhood but the guy in the parking lot has a SECURITY shirt on to protect the cars"; "hood in the Valley", "spotty neighborhood" and "neighborhood is kind of odd".  We are not afraid and we got huge plates of food.  We did not have the DIVORCED EGGS" but we did have good Margaritas.
So - quite a day it was.  Last night when we got home and watched the news we heard there were 2 bodies - mother and daughter - found in a house.  Turns out it was a block or two from the restaurant and just a couple hours before and we are supposed to watched for this tatooed dude to show up somewhere and then call police.
What I am missing?  Cemeteries - so of course I googled and find there is an "Asylum Cemetery" on the ground of the AZ State Hospital (not sure if that is still open).  Not quite enough time to visit it and it is not too far from Rosita's Place:)
Temps in the 80s and sunny today and looking forward to dinner at Beth and Jer's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment