Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shalom!

Have 26 minutes of time to use internet at $10/hour! Free wifi in Haifa tomorrow so will tell more stories. For now, we arrived on time, have had wonderful food and great tour director, Matt! All recovered from jet lag and have been here about 26 hours. Walked past this restaurant today. Tel Aviv is beautiful and we have been blessed with sunny nice weather.
View of the Meditteranean Sea from our hotel room in Tel Aviv. Mosque in the foreground but we seem to barely hear the call to prayer here. Matt says they have the "volume turned down".
So we went to a wonderful art museum today and what caught my eye was this hat rack - click to take a closer look. I asked Ross if it was appropriate as another woman and I were the only two in the group who saw it - his response: "It's your blog"!
Ben Gurion airport arrival - no problems getting in at all. It is amazing to hear Ben Gurion, Itzak Rahbin, Arafat, and so many other names so familiar to us. I am getting a great history of Israel both current and centuries old. Our guide today lives in Tel Aviv, is 30 years old and it is very interesting to hear his slant on whether the Palestinians, Arabs, Jews, and Israelis will ever come to peace. He says "They have to"! It seems very peaceful and safe here and Orr, our local guide today, says we will see a lot more military presence when we get to Jerusalem.
I am so happy to be able to do what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment