You may recognize the first photo - the late King Hussein of Jordan - I believe he was treated at the Mayo Clinic. His fourth wife was Queen Noor or Lisa Hallaby from USA! She has a book called "Leap of Faith" which I plan to read -I remember the love story. 2nd is his son the current King, 3rd is his grandson - these same pictures are everywhere. He famously said that Jordan is a "quiet house in a noisy area". Our guide of the country said it is a big job to be King. There are 27 political parties. Islam law allows 4 wives.
Lots and lots of desert on the drive from Dead Sea to here in Wadi Musa at the entry to the Pink City of Petra. We saw sandstorms and had to wait for sheep to cross the road a few times.And then we passed camels!
Supposed burial place of Moses at this memorial on top of Mount Nebo - it was a long and winding road to get there and very windy at the top. Moses stood here and saw the Promised Land but knew he would not be allowed in. I think it is called the Valley of Jordan.
Had another great lunch yesterday (thank goodness my couple hour barfing was done). I love this ladies' room door. I think I might put my picture on one in my house - white hair and all.
Notice the beautiful home right next to the shepherd and his sheep.
This is our guide Mohammed teaching us how to wear the Jordan Scarf. The red and white indicates a Bedouin background. He showed us how to wear it at a wedding, a funeral, to find a date and to dance! The Jordanian people are lovely.
More of what we saw on the bus.
Upon entering our hotel room - cute!
View from the hotel window. Last night a few times we heard car horns honking a lot, then bangs! - it was fireworks. One of our new friends at dinner last night got down on the floor in this room and his wife just laughed! It was a celebration of some kind but I must say in this area it is unnerving to hear bangs and booms.
We have made some friends on this trip and may just take another adventurous trip with some. This morning it is 32 degrees but so far not snowing or raining and we leave in about 30 minutes on foot into Petra with our guide and tour director. Will be taking a camel part of the way back - should be interesting and it will be my second camel ride - the first being in Egypt.

No comments:
Post a Comment