Not fully organized yet but in less than a week I'm ready to hit the road again. I'm trying to organize, delete and label my 500 pictures from Israel/Jordan (digital camera you know) - I found this one of my favorite dessert of the trip - Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse - it was mmmmmm good.
My foot in the Dead Sea of Jordan - I am so anxious to wear flipflops again - hoping to do just that next week in Phoenix and in a few more weeks in Seal Beach CA for our family trip.
Our first guide in Tel Aviv Orr was great - since military service is mandatory for 3 years from 17-21 and then reserves a month annually up to age 40 he was chosen for sniper training - guess where? Fort Benning Georgia - right here in the old USA.
more later - my new read is "The Madonnas of Leningrad" - about the people who saved the art and precious things in Russian museums when they were about to be taken over by the Nazis. We heard about this is St. Petersburg Russia Hermitage Museum - St. Petersburg was formerly known as Leningrad!
Still collecting my thoughts for further posts on Israel/Jordan. Greatest trip ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment