Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winding Down of 2011!

We have been having weather nice enough to do my "Friend Walks" out in our nearby and favorite park. It is both mental and physical therapy and I can't tell you how good it makes us feel. All of my life my friends have been there for me and vice versa. One of them now has a husband undergoing intensive cancer treatment - pray for Mike please!

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.- Albert Camus

Niece Sara and brother Kent got us all going on digging through old pictures. This one has been circulated quite often. May 1972 - newly engaged and on a first trip to Oklahoma to meet the in-laws! My outfit - polyester knit 2 piece outfit - pants under had stars on the rear end - very patriotic; white go-go boots and beside me the guy with sideburns, white belt to match white shoes - all dressed up and a life ahead of us!

One of my favorite Christmas pictures - Chris, Amy and Alex about 9 months old in 2005 - looks like a little old man and so cute. Christmas 2011 - nearly 40 years after the go-go boot picture - if anything we are every bit as adventurous - well, maybe not in our attire. Where did the years go?

I've had this picture of my mom and her sister taken sometime in the 1930s. I just today noticed that my Aunt Madrienne (the TALL one and they were only 11 months apart) is carrying a black doll - very progressive of my grandparents in Hallock Minnesota in those years.

41 days until we leave for Israel/Jordan and 52 days until my "Girlfriend Trip" to Phoenix. Friend Beth is currently "buying beds" for their Phoenix house. I have been researching the first trip and have learned so much - hoping for a great trip! We are watching the 1977 DVD series "Jesus of Nazareth" - my Bible knowledge is surprising me.

Prince Philip is in the hospital with a clogged artery problem. At 90 years old he just returned from a 10 day trip to Australia - go Prince!

I am reading a great book called "Left Neglected" - fiction about a young mom who received a right side traumatic brain injury in a car accident. The author is a neuroscientist...not a doctor or surgeon. Talking to Amy tonight about it....2010 March our birthdays she had steak and someone had to cut it; couldn't buckle her own seat belt, couldn't get Lucy out of the crib, couldn't dress herself or get out of bed. If you are interested to know what Amy went through read this book! It is not quite 2 years ago since the brain tumor diagnosis and I am amazed at the miracles that have occurred since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment