Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Long Time No Write!!

Some of you may have received this in the mail. Amy and her family are the focus of the holiday fundraising newsletter for Sister Kenny. She has certainly left quite an impression with lots of people! I think if you click and zoom you will be able to read the story.


Time does fly when one does not work. I am a collector of bookmarks - all kinds free from many places. Today I am cleaning out a drawer and find this quote on one:

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. (C. S. Lewis)

So my goal is to get organized and it is NOT a new goal. Wouldn't mind riding a motorcycle in Peru...endless possibilities.

Ross is very busy with our church choir and his Chorale group - a couple weeks ago they sang at an outdoor market and I had a staring contest with this alpaca - he (or she) did not blink! Our dinner party with Ross' old work group - I call this The Economic Summit - we had a great time and it's so fun to be so well acquainted with their wives that the men and women can happy hour in separate rooms and enjoy the "beverages of the evening". Can't wait until the next time.


Last night we met Chris, Amy, Alex and Lucy at our church children's Christmas pageant. Lucy was spellbound and kept asking why she could not join the other kids in front After they left she ran up to check out baby Jesus in the basket, then held the doll and covered it up again gently. So sweet it was.... While Alex keeps asking me "Why did Bethlehem lie?" - I told him Bethlehem was a city not a person - hadn't quite figured out that one yet but it just came to me a few minutes ago "how still we see thee lie":)

Last weekend we had dinner at a friend's house - Barb and Roger lower right - with a Minnesota theme - they are all my former coworkers and I have known them since 1987 with my first "real job" after college. Wow - we look exactly the same (wink, wink!), Great menu of Minnesota wine, Lake Superior smoked whitefish, wild rice HOTDISH, cranberry jello salad:), and of course Triple Chocolate Bundt cake (hopefully in a Nordic ware bundt pan). We have all been through a LOT since 1987.

Miscellaneous:


  • Mailed a package to California and the postal lady asked if it was ok if they used up 44cent stamps as they won't work much longer - fine with me. Jenny emails about it since I'm sure it is a bit odd looking to see almost $18 of 44 centers on a box:)

  • I can't believe I'm on the internet search for good restaurants in Tel Aviv and Haifa - it is some weeks away.

  • Listening to a doctor show on Ross' car radio - on aging: "Natural remodeling of the human body occurs after age 50 with waist thickening, hip pain, wrinkles"....hmm that's right - face, neck, hands, belly, feet - all of it basically but that is a very nice way to put it - free remodeling project the natural way.

No comments:

Post a Comment