Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Now and Then and Merry Christmas!

We had the good fortune to have my nephew Garrett here for several days visiting his friend Siri - after deciding to have a pre-holiday dinner for them and knowing that Siri is "very" Scandinavian I bought some lefse! Found out it is made in Gonvick MN - "up north", population 280. In the last 10 years the population decreased 4.7% - maybe one family moved out! The company does have a website including a link to Ole and Lena jokes - check it out! You can even order online. Aren't they cute? He's 21 and out of the blue asked "how much do funerals cost?" - so I told him what my mom's cost. He said he had just heard an ad for life insurance and the high cost of funerals so we talked about what some people feel is "necessary" and ways to save - that

would be Thrifty Me.


Seems my family is currently digging through old pictures. So of course my much esteemed grandchildren appear often in my stuff. When granddaughter Rooke was born in August of 2007 in California I took this great picture of her on their piano - she loved it:) at 8 days old - Rooke now almost ready for kindergarten.


Lucy in the year of her birth 2008 in California - so Hollywood! Lucy yesterday in the hat that never goes away year round. I asked her where she got the cute shirt; reply "Paris" - NOT. As I was driving her home yesterday she was tapping my seat with her leopard print boots and asked me what it was - I replied "feet" - she says: No, it's a birdpecker only since she is working on her r's it is "bohdpecker" at which time she proceeded to burp and then said "The bohdpecker bohped" - I'm still laughing! Think she meant woodpecker????



Alex in the year of his birth 2005 - few teeth, big dimples. Alex today in 1st grade.







Found this picture in the wrong "album" on my computer. Thailand 2006 - we visited a snake farm where they also produce the antivenom in case you get bit by a poisonous snake. I can still feel what that heavy heavy snake felt like on my shoulders. It was not a harmful snake:)



Fun stuff: Yesterday I received a e-greeting from my Turkish cooking ladies group - so nice to remember especially since they are Muslim. I have signed up for 4 more classes in 2012.

My good high school friend Beth has been retired 1 week now and they are on their way to Phoenix for the winter - yippee for her. Having a girls' weekend there in March!

I just rented the library DVD "Jesus of Nazareth" to prepare for our next trip and hoping to see some of the land we will see. Googled it and find it is filmed in Morocco and Tunisia - oh well - maybe those will be my next places to visit.

Merry Christmas to All of You - and I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate hearing that you read and enjoy my blog - I know it's not for everyone! Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment