Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Fall!

Fall has arrived - goes from 90 degrees to 43 degrees in a day or so. We were lucky to have a beautiful evening Friday 9/2/2011 to have the family over for a Labor Day/Back to School barbecue. Of course little Alex is the only one going back to school - 1st grade and hard to believe.
I grew up with a "Kids' Table" on the farm - we very often had LOTS of family that included many little cousins and neighbor kids - whether it was inside or outside the kids had their own table - and it got to be pretty silly sometimes. Well, it is good to know that some things have not changed. Lucy was entertaining everyone in the picture above. Greta was giving a demonstration of how to eat corn really fast!

As I read about the social media (facebook etc) and how it is changing things I know that I want to "keep up" - I think my mom missed out on a lot by not having email as that is the way my family communicated. I would sometimes print out Sara's blog page or an email from someone to send to her in the mail. Articles say more people text, twitter and facebook than email and that email is on the way out. I now see that happening with my own friends and family most of whom are on Facebook!!! I often talk about how much my mother-in-law would have loved Facebook and to see all the pictures of family and friends. She is my role model for keeping up with technology. Got her first computer at about 88 years old and then upgraded later, did email every day and forwarded lots of jokes! However - I do not think that email is on the way out as it is much more private - but I could be proven wrong!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment