Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Hops to It!

The "wet porch" project goes on but since I am not a doom and gloom type I noticed that my hops vine on the deck is doing fantastic this year. I doubt I can brew beer as I think it takes truckloads but they sure are pretty!
Today - inside - a little messy to say the least but Alex and Lucy will be here before dinner (and for 11 days) so they will enjoy the new look and I'm sure find it a room of enchantment and discovery.

The North Side - there was a "north side" in my hometown and it seemed never quite as nice as the "other side" which included main streets and the stores. Same for our house!

More of the same side - dumpster coming soon - piles getting higher and they haven't gotten to ripping off the porch shingles yet.

There is something quite fascinating about this picture - looks a bit like a rustic cabin in the woods - at least now the windows are back in place as we do have roaming deer, chippies, squirrels, birds, coyotes and a fox now and then. I would not rather share my favorite chair with them.

The best is yet to come: Amy and Chris are so excited to be leaving for Paris this evening. We are happy to share our abode with a 3 and 6 year old for 11 days. It is always a learning experience. Some of you know the way I travel, so, yes - I do have a "Day by Day Itinerary" and this one is even color coded. Even if you can't read yet you will know that on the yellow days Lucy goes to Primrose School and the green days are at our house!

So - Bon Voyage to Chris, Amy, Paul, Scott, Katie and Matt!

Quote of the Day:

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute

George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment