Every day is as life should be - a new adventure!
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. —MELODY BEATTIE
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
I love my blanky!
I received this photo in an email this morning - all but Scott at the table in Honfleur France planning the day's activities - it looks like a much too fun business meeting - this is why we are Day 6 of 11 with Alex and Lucy - these smiles are worth it!!
The group of 6 at Omaha Beach yesterday - what can I say - so great!
The blog title: So instead of hearing Rod Stewart in my car I am listening to a song called "I Love my Blanky" - and worse, I know the words! Yesterday to escape the pounding, ripping and sawing Lucy and I went to the Japanese garden at Normandale college near us. It's one of my favorite places for solitude and have taken Alex there a few times.
Lucy wanted a picture of herself on the bridge assuring me that she would NOT fall in.
Back to the drudge: Yesterday the sliding door on porch needs to come out - to get it out parts of the 3 year old deck needs to be removed!
Mr. Biff is filling up - we also have noticed a scooter (not ours), some old blue jeans and other stuff that does not appear to be from our porch - dumpster dumpers????
Today - the roof gets replaced - shingles off - a thing called a "cricket" being places to divert water away from the house - yaayyyyyy!
Also today - Lucy gets up, dressed, comes downstairs at their house, swishes her hair back and says to me: "Grammy do I look like a princess?" - what a way to start the day. As for me - same clothes as yesterday and even forgot a comb!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment