First the good - got to Paris - went for a little walk after getting into our apartment and saw this bread being delivered to the restaurants that are just outside our door - how sweet is that. Uneventful flight, ParisShuttle worked great to get into town and we were lucky to share it with a lady about my age from Iowa in town to meet her daughter for 5 days! Had a great and long visit as the rush hour traffic was horrendous but it was like the slow tour of Paris and we had arrived at 7:30am so had time to kill. Hamib met us at the apartment - took us out on a walk immediately to show us all the good not-too-expensive local restaurants - there must be 100 restaurants within a few blocks and one looks as good as the next. Hamib also said there is a clothes washer and it is in his apartment and "we are all family now" so feel free to use it.
So this morning was a bit stressful because the workmen were pounding the last nails in my new beadboard front porch ceiling (my request), as the shuttle arrived at our door, as my phone rang and it was the contractor - he's going to email me the bill and I am going to try to do an online bill pay from Paris!....or if it's too bad I just may stay here. Amy and Lucy stopped in to see Sara and her mom Kathy - how much more could we have going on???
Therefore to relax tomorrow I have booked us on a cheap 8 hour boat trip down the River Seine and then the Marne - I would be willing to be I may get a good rest on this one! And today just a few doors from our apartment I managed to get new batteries in my dual time watch which of course died this morning on the way to the airport:)
No comments:
Post a Comment