Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Musings and Meanderings on Russia

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost - "The Road Not Taken" (1916)


So in plowing through all this information about Russia found that quote in some information from friends who visited there - hmmm - don't really see myself as an adventurer. Kept reading and memorizing and happened on this advice (I have clipped out some but kept the most important parts!):


A shot of vodka the Russian way -



  1. Pour a shot of ice-cold vodka nearly to the rim.

  2. Say a brief toast, "vashe zdorovie" (your health)

  3. Say "Nu" - take a deep breath, tilt your head right back and down the entire shot, aiming it at your tonsils if you have them or straight at your stomach if you don't

  4. Breathe out loudly, producing a sound just short of a whistle

  5. Say "Oh khoroshooo" (it feels good)

  6. Repeat at 10-15 minute intervals. Desist and retire as soon as your performance becomes in any way flawed, or when it becomes significantly more flawed than that of your company.

TOO BAD I DON'T LIKE VODKA!

No comments:

Post a Comment