This started out as a video from Rooke in California to Alex in Minnesota singing Happy Birthday to You!...and dancing and twirling. She is just beautiful and getting so grown up - will turn 4 on my mom's birthday August 27.
We were lucky enough to have Alex at our house for his birthday on April 15. Our older fellow neighbor Gene who loves Alex and Lucy said to me today: "I thought the next thing I would see Ross out riding one of those crazy things and then I would have to get the heck out of here". I told him the pink big wheel is really not mine. We spent the day riding the light rail to downtown, lunch and visiting Foshay Tower observation deck. Found out two things Alex inherited: fear of heights from Amy and Ross, and inability to ride backwards on a train from Amy and me. Yesterday in finetuning Russia stuff I noted the seats and car on the Allegro high speed train from St. Petersburg to Helsinki - I might be facing the wrong way - oh no - what will I do about that in Russia?????!!!
ME AND MY BUDDY!
Our annual "Girls Birthday Dinner" found us again at 112 Eatery downtown Minneapolis and boy is it good and do we have good visits and fun with Chris and Amy!
I told Alex the Foshay Tower at 32 stories was the tallest building when I moved here at age 18. So every building and skyway we entered he asked "Grammy, was this here when you were 18?" On another note, with the videos from California, Facebook, webcams and more, I have fully embraced technology. However, an announcement in church today offered the technology help from the youth group in a class geared to "olders" for things like: Skype, adding and deleting contacts on your phone, using Youtube - made me think maybe I am not yet so smart! Ross' mom at 98 would have loved Facebook!

No comments:
Post a Comment