Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy and Glorious Easter!

Trivial Information:
*Teaching Alex to play marbles - have not lost mine! Need some steelies for shooters, remember those?
*Potty Words: Alex who is in kindergarten told Amy this week that a schoolmate said a potty word that started with F and rhymed with Duck and that he was not going to say it! - could it be better than that?
*He has a nerf toy but since we should not use the words shoot, gun or bullets we have to call the nerf arrows "projectiles".
*Reading 3 books at a time. "As Always, Julia" is delightful and on loan from the library with a waiting list. Letters between Julia Child and an acquaintance who became a very good friend. The letters of in the 1950s during the Hoover-McCarthy era where indeed Julia Child and her husband Paul were accused of being "operatives or spies".
*In addition to my blog I have kept a "travel" journal for years on a computer document. I looked back at a year ago and there were no entries from April 9 to May 4 and on that date it just says "I hit the wall"! This year we have so much to be thankful for and I am!
*"Recycle Bin" icon on my desktop - I thought I had "someone" in the clouds to clean it out.....NOT - Yesterday I deleted 16,773 items!

FUN STUFF!

Granddaughter Rooke in California - sweet Easter Bunny Girl!


There are only a couple years in my lifetime when I did not color Easter eggs - last year being one of them. And glory be - Alex loved it with the old fashioned 99cent Paas tablet colors.


I realize how lucky I was with my Grandma Schultz who lived in the "small house" on our farm - she taught me how to bake bread, noodles, cookies. I am doing the same and this is the progression - and yes they are egg noodles from scratch and I have made them my whole life! I am a good German:). So Nudeln Mit Grammy (Making Noodles with Grammy).

We have an active several weeks coming up: My brother Brian and son Andrew from CA here for nephew Brandon's wedding, my writer friend Beth visiting, keeping up with my 4 mile walks (now in the park) and a Blessed Easter Barbecue tomorrow at my house and Russia and Finland!!! A full life is a good life and I just read the study showing the more social contacts you have the healther you will be, the longer you will live and less chance of dementia .....so here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment