Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to Amy!

Full day today on Amy's 35th birthday. First - off to Primrose for the Spring Parade and to watch Lucy eat cake and smile at her mom!

Next a little retail therapy and off to lunch at Pardon My French bakery and cafe - yum. I am told and you can be sure I know that I am blessed with the best daughter-in-law in the world. My gifts from her always have a theme - this year flipflop and best of all a flipflop luggage tag! The card said it all - ending with "you're so much more than a mother-in-law, you're a true friend! - ahhhhhhhh life is indeed good.


Backtracking to Alex's spring break at our house - since he was little I have allowed him to play with his little cars and trucks in a big tray of flour - sometime's it's snow, sand, dirt - but always it is fun to move it around.


Yes, I am still an RD (Registered Dietitian) and yes, I did buy these disgustingly good cookies for myself - it says on the box they are "Quebec's favorite since 1927" and I figured since they have a dark chocolate coating they must be healthy, right???

I always look back in time and this is a year ago on Amy's birthday - not long out of Sister Kenny, just barely can use her left arm to lift a beverage but we were able to have lunch outside at Santorini and it was 76 degrees. I looked closely at our faces and we look much much better this year - eyes less saggy, less visible stress and bigger smiles - nice to be in 2011!





No comments:

Post a Comment