Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Staycation!

Alex arrived this morning for a 3 day "staycation" with us - good that it is a stay because we are snowed in once again! So we took the opportunity to go sliding in our front yard and play a little indoor carpet hockey - only a rubber puck and our feet, no sticks! We tied once and he won a couple games. He asked me: "Grammy, are you more than 2,000 days old?" - got out my calculator and told him I am more than 23,300 days old plus a few!
Don't know if you've read about Scott, the glassed in apartment guy at Mall of America. He lives in here for 30 days for the "do" program for Blue Cross - he realized he needed a healthier lifestyle. Very interesting and yes, the only thing inside walls is the bathroom. Another friend walked by there a few days ago and there was a sign on the door that said "Gone grocery shopping" - she wondered where. It is a great program and much needed as the generation after mine is not expected to live a longer life than their parents for the first time due to unhealthy lifestyles. An employee of BCBS told me it is from grant money - probably worried that I would ask her why my premiums were so high!
This is Scott's sign - you can go online and give suggestions. I am also taking suggestions - only mine would be "Where should I go next? You vote. I go" - remember that you can click on pics to zoom and you can also leave comments without registering by using the anonymous function and leaving your name (or not!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. First off...that guy in the glass apt. is crazy! I never heard about that. Very interesting!

    Secondly...where should you go? I vote that you should go to Australia! It's my favorite place I've been:)

    ReplyDelete