Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ten Years Ago!

I have been keeping a journal in a Word document since 1994 when Ross was getting ready to go work in England (for 18 months). This morning I looked back at ten years ago, the year 2000, we had been to Phoenix to visit our great friends and old neighbors, Jean and Duane Cater. She taught me how to plant things, raise children, cook and have patience. She died in 2001 at 63 of cancer. Today is Duane's funeral in Mesa AZ - at age 74. In 2003 he showed up at our house for dinner with his new wife Celeste - turns out she is the sister of my Red Lake Falls high school friend Judy!!!!! I didn't know it until I saw her face that year. Life does have it's surprises!
Also ten years ago niece Sara was living with us from August to December while doing a residency at an eye clinic in Edina. Now she's in Germany working!
In November of 2000 we spent a week at a rental place on Seal Beach in CA with Chris and Amy - this November we are doing the same.
Funny things: Last week Alex and Lucy spent the night - he gets to stay up a little later than her so about 9:30 I said I needed to go to bed - his reply: "Why do you go to bed crazy?" - is 9:30 crazy for a retired person????? Next day's question after his trip to the bathroom: "Why is pee yellow?" - do I go into the process of Micturition from my anatomy days or just say "because" like Lucy does???
Off to the Dakota County Fair this morning if it is not too unbearably hot and humid.

1 comment:

  1. Dee

    We got the sweet card and note from you. Thank you. We are having a service this Saturday. The obituary is in the Star Tribune as of this morning. Our dear father & grandfather will be missed terribly. Blessings Toni

    ReplyDelete