Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Dad!

Today would have been my Dad's 89th birthday. It's hard to believe he died 25.5 years ago at the age of 63 (my age now!) of a sudden heart attack at work. This is him on the right in the Navy during WWII - cutest thing he was. I told my favorite aunt (my mom's sister) just after he died that I had lost the only person who thought I was the most perfect and the most smart no matter what . He doted on me and I knew it but I also knew what the expectations were about behavior and doing well in school. What a legacy that leaves on a child.
Another lovely family picture from 1970 when I was home for a visit from California - taking the picture so my flower child loveliness is not in the picture. My brothers from left to right: Keith, Brian and Kent...place: the living room of our farmhouse. Note the VERY SHORT artifical silver tinsel Christmas tree - had to have that - had blue ornaments - lovely in its day. Click to enlarge photo.

The best: Got this card from Amy this weekend - perfect - looks like Kody, Amy and me - note the reference to "on my left" which is the side that just a few months ago did not work at all.

What about today: Off to help Amy trim shrubs in their yard - me chopping and she picking up the pieces!!!! Who would have thought we would have such a team of Jones women.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: