7 months ago today I would never have dreamed I would have been in this place, at this time, under these circumstances! Ross, Preston, Amy, Alex and me boarding the sternwheeler Mississippi Queen for a 1.5 hour ride down the Mighty Mississippi - weather couldn't have been more perfect - even made the hot dogs taste good! Amy telling me as she was driving herself and Alex to our house with Alex saying - "Mom, you are doing so good - you did it for us" - with her trying to hold back the tears!
Caught this picture of Amy intently watching the St. Anthony lock doors open to let us through - thought about all she had gone through (and all of us too) and it seemed like the door was opening onto a whole new life!This is a view of the new I 35W bridge that replaced the one that collapsed a few years ago - who would have thought that would ever happen? I remember family and friends calling us from far away saying "Are you guys OK?" and hoping we were not on that bridge.
Preston, Dee and Alex enjoying the sun, the breeze and our city - and it was showing itself off to the max!

No comments:
Post a Comment