Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Friends.......

I always read our church newsletter The Samaritan online and each one contains a "Moment of Reflection" which is a quote. I love quotes.
This week: A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. Heather Pryor
This led me on a quote search - When it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there. Anonymous
When I think of the last 4 weeks and all our family has endured I am amazed at the power of friendship and reaching out from both friends and family.
Chris and Amy's is evident on Caring Bridge and daily visits.
Mine is subtle. Friends dropping off meals or food unannounced. Emails of cheering up and distractions. Questions like: What can I do? A friend loaning a perfect shower chair and canes To Amy. Others asking when we can get together for coffee, talk, meals and walks. I don't know the answers to those questions right now but I feel it coming soon!!!
Amy comes home tomorrow and will need someone with her 24/7 for "a couple weeks" per staff then OK for short times alone. As most "family" will be out of the country or state for a couple weeks in March I reached out to 5 of her friends whose names I was familiar with via email - astounding response - a couple people are flying in from other states to help out. It's like a twine ball!!!
At home: carpet in, beds back in place, painter coming in the morning - all is well.
Great day of Amy rehab today - the left arm did a couple miraculous moves - keep praying! I spent most of the day at Sister Kenny and will be there for discharge tomorrow while Ross bonds with the painter!!

1 comment:

  1. I love quotes too. :) In my experience, life is really funny the way it lays itself out for you... even in the bad times.

    ReplyDelete