If you are following Amy's Caring Bridge site http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amyjones2 you will know the great strides she is making. You will also probably notice the 15,342 visits and the 1005 guestbook entries. Wowie - Kazowie as Alex would say. This is a day after the "Spa Day" - my haircutting place is a little like my hometown barbershop with higher prices, far from a spa - but - as I sat and listened to Kim and "the girls" chatting at East of Eden Salon in Eden Prairie I couldn't help but chuckle and smile. They were waiting for Amy and saw us pull up - she had 4 people chatting and gossiping with her while I read the latest dirt about Hollywood celebs and our local Denny Hecker. It made my heart so happy. The arm brace gets to be off now and then as it is very annoying and next OT visit "Jane" may make it better. She can go without her cane unless Kody the Dumb Dog or the Alex and Lucy, the smart children, are too wild.
As she says she indeed got the "royal treatment". Kim the owner has prayed for our family many times over many years.
The black marks on Amy's arm are where the electrodes are places for the latest new machine the "E-Stim" which makes the muscles work when zapped lightly.
I'm sure you are wondering what this "house" has to do with my stories. It Casa Batllo in Barcelona and we are headed off to visit it next week. It is a piece of architecture by the famous Antoni Gaudi (you can tell I have been doing my usual studying prior to a trip). We will be in Barcelona, renting an apartment (hopefully it is actually there - we have never been duped), and I have one of my famous multi-page travel itineraries just about done. Again as in other places (Savannah and Chicago) we are dining in a restaurant that is part of a Culinary School - looking forward to that. I also plan to ride a cable car that is "not for the faint of heart" - which I am definitely not. Niece Sara aka Inspired Adventurer will be joining us for a few days and we usually manage to get in trouble together.The black marks on Amy's arm are where the electrodes are places for the latest new machine the "E-Stim" which makes the muscles work when zapped lightly.
While we are gone Amy and Chris' friends and of course family have totally filled in the calendar with visits, food and rides to and from Sister Kenny. Tuesday evening when Amy walked from their kitchen to the office without a cane - Alex said "Mommy - you are doing so good; you are walking without the walking stick" then proceed to clap and cheer for her. Lucy did too but she did not know why.
Adios, Amigos - next entry may well be from Spain. First I am "working" with my friend Beth Solheim at the Writer's Festival and Book Fair on Saturday 2/27 right here in Bloomington Minnesota Civic Center - come buy a book if you are out and about. She and Jer will be joining us for the weekend and it will be fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment