Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Last Days of Summer

I have been not working one year today and I like it even though I didn't like the "restructuring/downsizing" scenario I encountered that all too many in the country are familiar with...I was fortunate in that I had a choice and a severance package!
Alex and Lucy spent the day with us yesterday. One of my end-of-summer "deals" was a $4 pool - how long does it take to drink a cup of water out of a very tiny waterspout and how many hours is this amusing? - MANY! This is NOT a defect; it is a spout pool.
We called this the Big Green Bus - it was just leaving and High Fives were in order as everyone had a seat - one had a bucket (gives new meaning to a bucket seat) and the other a booster chair.
A block from our house is the church attended by the parents of Tom Burnett. They planted an oak tree, a small flower garden and placed this stone - Tom is the man who is credited as a hero on a plane in Pennsylvania by diverting the plane from crashing into the Pentagon - he said "Let's Roll" and they defied these terrorists. Every time I walk by this I stop and think about how important my friends are.
Uh oh!!! on the street that passes our house I saw today the first signs of fall - leaves turning red! The good side is tomorrow I get to go to the Minnesota State Fair for the second time this year. My food plan is a Pronto Pup and a strawberry shake from the Dairy Building. What could be better!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you've been retired a whole year. Where did it go?

    ReplyDelete