Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Minnesota Nice!


Where now? I drove up about 300 miles to northwestern Minnesota this week to visit my mom and since the drive can be very boring I pretended I was a person from another country. First speculated on a person from China who worked in a large factory. Encountered Lena's Lefse, Inc http://www.lenaslefse.com/ in Ulen, MN (my brother will recognize this as he lives here) and found you can order from Lena online and see what the "factory" looks like inside - was hard to envision with that small window. I also notice there is a Lefse Emergency Hotline - now I'm not Scandinavian but this is pretty darn cute.
Next pretended I was from Egypt and after seeing the Great Pyramids of Giza this year decided this was most surely Minnesota's version - what do you think?

Next arrived in my hometown of Red Lake Falls - walked from one end to the other (about 1 mile across the Clearwater River which separates the "north side" from the "south side". My friend Beth from RLF (Mysteries and Chitchat - check her blog link as her first book is to be released in February) lived on the right side at the top of the hill overlooking the river. Never did we discuss then what a million dollar view that must have been - don't remember ever looking at it - mostly we giggled and talked about our boyfriends.
Next passed the beautiful courthouse - I hope this is on the register of historic places as it is a beauty.
Had to do two posts to get what I wanted!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment