Today is Sunday 20 November 2022 and it's 4 days to Thanksgiving and my turkey is thawing in the frig! As of now we will have 10 people at our table and looking forward to it!
Daughter-in-law Amy update. One week ago today Amy was discharged from the hospital once again after the surgery to place the magnetic shunt in her head to prevent the liquid from accumulating which could cause hydrocephalus (brain swelling) - not a good thing. The good news the shunt is working. i did take her to the scheduled MRI last Thursday, next day to another scan and every time there is an MRI the magnetic shunt has to be "reset" and I got to watch it After about 8 tries I said we should cross our fingers so Amy and I each crossed our fingers on both hands and guess what - IT WORKED!
This is the picture the day out of the hospital with their doggie Brooks loving her and keeping things calm. Plan as of now - Start 5 weeks of radiation on Monday November 28 and supposed it will be completed on December 30. They have to miss a Griffin family vacation to Charleston SC but the grandkids Alex and Lucy will still be going and it's the week after Christmas so no school.
After her Thursday and Friday appointments last week we got to go to one of my favorites - Culver's - for chicken tenders, fries and what else but ice cream!
We did get snow every day for several days and temps are cool so not much melting but warmer days ahead. And of course in Minnesota we call in the 30s warmer days. All for today and I will keep this updated on the progress of all! And of course my park walks are on hold and I am "sort of" getting used to be treadmill and exercise equipment in the basement!



No comments:
Post a Comment