Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Life's a Journey - again!!!

 Daughter-in-law Amy was supposed to start radiation today after a CT scan and I was with her at the appointments and doctor followup and it was determined there was more fluid retention near the large surgical wound and now needs another surgery in 2 days to place a shunt in the head to drain the fluid down to the abdomen to prevent hydrocephaus aka too much fluid pushing on the brain!
This was my update to family just now!
Disappointing day today as she was supposed to start radiation. With swelling on forehead now Amy has more fluid on her forehead by the scar and to avoid hydrocephalus she's having Dr Nagib surg Thursday morning to place a shunt to drain from head to belly so radiation delayed for a while. I was with her to appts and after CT we were about 3 hours including Dr Nagib and 3 others setting stuff up and explaining. Then took her to Savage clinic for PCR and tomorrow to Edina for preop. She'll be in Abbott a couple nights if all goes OK. Prayers as always 🙏🙏🙏. I HATE HATE CANCER 🤮🥵 But we did get to have lunch out!
I still need to catch up on the Paris stories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment