Lots of friends and family are following daughter-in-law Amy's brain tumor update and this was just posted today https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amyjones2/journal
She is very good about explaining all the details of what is happening and the plans coming up. So.....it is only 5 days since she had surgery and spent 3 nights in the hospital. I will be going with her to the followup appointment this Thursday.
As for us - lots of snow all week and the weather people have so many different words to describe the situation!!! Like: We are going to be in the freezer....and....get ready for a cold winterlike pattern. And it's here!
And for me - yesterday November 14 it was exactly 3 years ago that I got "the call" nobody wants to get - "you have ovarian cancer". I feel really really lucky to be here and still do my walks even when my nose feels frozen! And I thank niece Molly and daughter Jenny for the warm scarves, hats, mittens and all that - lucky old lady I am!
And it just happened to work out at the last minute but yesterday 2 of my best friends/former coworkers were able to get together for coffee and a little sweet treat. We have known each other since 1987 when I started working at the hospital where I spent 20+ years. And of course my "travel wall" of diamond dot art is in the background and I just finished the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin (remember Ronald Reagan saying "Mr. Gorbachev take down that wall" - that's part of the wall!







No comments:
Post a Comment